Picnic season

Thanks to Living in the O for the tip, and for those of you in the East Bay who don't already know, Middle Harbor Shoreline Park in West Oakland is just about the coolest park ever.

It's about 1 1/2 miles from West Oakland BART (or 3 miles from downtown, or a nice 6 mile cruise from my place in the North). Since it's in the Port, access can be a little sketchy during the week with all the semis and such, but the roads are like a ghost town on the weekends and very flat, with the exception of a slight grade at the underpass, making biking a breeze.







Gorgeous views of San Francisco, the bridge, and the bay; grassy fields and a little, sandy beach in the shadow of the cranes; plus trails and an observation tower.

6 comments:

VeganCowGirl said...

Great photos!

Thanks for a little peak at that part of the world!!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

It was such a cool park! Thanks for putting things together!

Pranjal said...

Yay! Such a great day, thanks for pulling this together!

Erin said...

It was great to meet you! The park was awesome, thanks for doing the leg work. Hopefully we can get together again sometime soon.

Andrew said...

Thank you SOOOO much for your vegan post on Tokyo!

I just moved to Tokyo three weeks ago and the food transition is harder than the language barrier. Your restaurant guide gave me reprieve and I'm obsessed with the Pure Cafe.

You wouldn't happen to know where I can get nutritional yeast though do you?

Thanks again!

LeAnne said...

Damn I miss Northern CA!!! I lived in Benicia and Vallejo for a few years of my life. My mommy is there. Haven't been there in almost a year. Ack! Yucky Vegas! When will I get rid of you?!?!?!